Monday, October 19, 2009

Southern Living, 12th Grade!

Well, faithful reader, as Stephen King says, yall have stuck with me thru a while of schools and homes. Now it is the fall of 1964. I am beginning the 12th grade, senior year! Dang, it seemed then like I'd been in school all my life. Acutally had been in school almost 2/3 of it. Anyhow, I am still working for Jack Rowe on tv's, still in band, still driving the Willys. What I don't have this year is my ever faithful(?) girlfriend. Something happened, I honestly don't remember what, and we parted company. Oh well, her loss.
Now, yall remember my arch nemesis, Coach Carl Grubb? Well, this year, he went from teaching social studies to teaching Physical Science as well as Driver's Ed. Damn! After three long years, I knew I had him behind the 8 ball this year. I signed up for both his classes, even tho' I'd had my drivers license two years. Didn't matter, I was OUT FOR REVENGE! And REVENGE I GOT! I kept him so confused all year in science, that I believed he would've quit teaching if they haden't closed the school a year later anyhow.
The first thing I started in on him was, he stood and said one day that "Perpetual Motion is Impossible!" Well, to a Junior Rocket Scientist like me, a slap in the face! I took exception to this and told him and the entire class so. He told me to prove him wrong. I have never done as much research in my life as I did that year. Every week I would bring in this article or that clipping proving my point! Finally about a couple of weeks before the end of the school year, he admitted in front of the class that he was wrong, Perpetual Motion "Might" be possible. Hmmmm, you don't suppose he was smart enough to use that as a ploy to get me to study, do you? Nah, I wasn't a Foosball player, he didn't give a shit if I studied or not! Nuff for tonite, be back later....

3 comments: