Friday, October 9, 2009

Southern Living, 11th Grade, Part 2

Let's get me outta the 11th grade. Not much more to tell. I am studying 11th grade English, health, and so forth. One thing I haven't mentioned! CHEMISTRY!
Chemistry WHUPPED MY ARSE! I thought I would like high school chemistry! I did not! I muddeled my way thru it! I did win the state science fair that year with my chemistry science fair project. Unfortunately, it was an ELECTRONIC project! Don't remember exactly what it was, seems like it was an electronic solar powered alarm clock, or some such!
Anyhow, Mr. Pope was the instructor and tried hard to give me an education in chemistry, even while I was making Nitro-Glycerin during class. We finally came to an agreement, I would cease making high explosives, and I would pass chemistry! Seemed a rightous trade to me!
Still with Helen Smith, still driving the Willys, still shooting pool, still fixing tv's and learning electronics from Jack Rowe and Karl Rushing!
Both myself and Moorhead actually survived my 11th grade year! No small accomplishment, I must say!
Tune in later for Southern Living, My 12th grade year!

No comments:

Post a Comment