Sunday, September 27, 2009

Southern Living, 11th Grade

Now we're coming into the time of my life I really enjoyed. 11th grade! Lessee, I had WHEELS! A hundred dollar 1952 Willys car! If you've never seen one, look it up on the innernet. You "might" find a picture. It was a six cylinder little car that looked a lot like a '50 Ford, but it had little stubs of tailfins. It wasn't much, but it beat the scooter. I had it rigged out with a Gonset Short Wave converter for the radio, had a CB in it with TWO 102" whips on it. One fer the converter and one fer the CB! Thunk I was big Crap! Was still living in the MDJC electronics lab in every spare moment, learning as I went. Still in band, going to two damned foosball games a week! Well, not too damned, still rode the bus with the cheerleaders, har! Had now begun to repair TV's for the populace. Now I repaired TV's, sold scrap iron and cut yards. I gave up the paper route bout halfway thru the 11th. While I am on the topic of paper routes, let me mention Baird, Ms. A little, very little town to the west of Moorhead by about 5 miles. The only draw to Baird was a store that had a "SLOT MACHINE"! If you've been keeping up, you know I had an affinity for them in my formative years. I would always order a couple of extra papers, they sold for a nickle back then. I'd peddle them, and haul arse to Baird to put my dime or fifteen cents into the slot machine. NEVER DID HIT SQUAT!
Anyhow, still had the same girl, Helen, still doing pretty much the same all over.
John Kennedy got kilt my Junior Year. A dreary November day it was. Still remember getting the word between classes right after lunch!
Still had my nemesis, Coach Carl Grubb! What a DoDo. He taught social studies, which I hated with a passion! But, my time is coming, wait til next year!
Biology was taught by a college coach! Never learned squat! All we ever did was watch the films from last Saturday's game! What a waste of education. NEVER ask me why I HATE COACHES AND FOOSBALL, unless you've got an hour to listen to me rant!
Got a job as a tv repairman in Indianola, Ms. Bout seven miles to the west. Working for Mr. Jack Rowe. A true gentleman and one of the finest people I ever knew! He took me under his wing and REALLY TAUGHT me how to fix TV's. I `could go on for hours bragging on Jack! I love him to this day!
Well, my cut thumb is back to bleeding, so I am going to quit. I will either take back up in the 11th, or move to the 12th next blog. See Ya!

3 comments:

  1. My junior chemistry teacher in HS was a footbawl coach. I knew more bout chemistry than he did. I remember he gave me a formula for ethanol which was really the formula for ethylene. When I pulled up an organic chemistry book and proved him wrong, he got mad. He sucked as a coach too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time they do!
    Ah hates coaches posing as teachers! If they was worth a damn as coaches, they wudden need to try to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep em up dad! Hope the finger is better!

    ReplyDelete