Saturday, July 18, 2009

Perrier or Pump?

I blogged the other day about the cost of beer as opposed to the cost of bottled water.
My friend, The Grouch kindly commented and got me thinking about water.
I will share with you some of my findings.
First, I drink pump water. I am not on a municipal water system. I have a 120 ft. well. The only treatment my water gets is that it is run thru a whole house particulate filter. I put this in only a couple of months ago as a result of my pump impeller going bad and sending up some plastic shavings. I replaced the pump but kept the filter.
I like the taste of my water and did several years ago have it tested as to its purity. It passed with wonderfully flying colors. I don't like the taste of chlorine, am not in favor of flouride or any other chemicals being added to my water.
At work, I drink bottled water that comes from a company who freely tells me that their water is simply re-filtered municipal water. Tastes alright and is wet.
Below, I am going to put a table in that I got off the internet.


Kind of scary, aint it?
I am not urging you to change your habits, I just want you to decide if a one cent glass of tap water tastes better or worse than a $1.00 plus bottle of store bought water. If you are going to be traveling, get you a couple of water bottles and freeze them. Time you get thirsty, it will have changed from ice back to water.
THINK ABOUT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment