Friday, July 31, 2009

Southern Living, Pt 7, Back to the Flatlands

Well, this will be a brief blog, cause my time back in Greenwood was brief.
As I entered the 5th grade, we moved back to our old house in Greenwood,Ms.
I started the 5th grade at W.C.Williams Elementary School. My teacher was Mrs. McCain.
There wasn't a lot to talk about and I won't talk a lot about it!
As I said, we moved back into our old house, which was a 1 bedroom shotgun style house. No bedroom for me, we all shared one bedroom.
We couldn't get anything on our shiny Philco black and white tv, cause the nearest stations were either in Jackson, Ms., or Memphis ,Tn.
The only things worth speaking of were the time I spent with my most favorite uncle, Alvin Storey. He was a postman at the time, and I would walk with him on his mail delivery rounds. I learned a lot from Uncle Alvin, both good and not so good. But if he can see this blog from heaven, he will know that I really loved him.
The 7 months we spent there were completely unmemorable, but stay tuned for part 8, We Move to Moorhead.
There, my life got infinitely more interesting and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment