Monday, July 6, 2009

A Short Ramble

Well,
I had to go back to work today after a GLORIOUS 10 day hiatus. It weren't too bad. Had 4 employees who extended their vacations by an extra day. Didn't hurt operations any. We made it thru the day just fine.
One of my friends, who is a Guard Captain told me today that he is retiring the last of the month. I asked him his age and he is a mere month older than me. It got me to thinking. I will be 62 in a couple of weeks and therefore "COULD" retire if I chose. I don't believe I will for a while tho'. I've made it working for a long time. I have a job, paying decent wages, I don't work overly hard most of the time, they give me more vacation time than I ever choose to take and I really enjoy my work most of the time. Even in the times I don't really enjoy it, I revel in the knowledge that nobody could do what I do with more pnash or gusto that I do and I HOPE I would be missed. Besides, I've come to the point in life that I really don't care if I have to hurt your feelings. If I say I can't get it done, be confident that all the whining you do is only going to delay actually getting it done by that much more time!
That all being said, if I did retire, I would still have to find something to provide health insurance for me so, I think I will let well enough alone.
Besides, 10 days, except one, convinced me that not having a good reason to get up, would be pretty damn boring. I really need motivation, like eating, being able to pay my bills, having at least some loose change in my pockets.
Milan Arsenal, you are stuck wiff my nappy ass for a few more years to come, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought you'd go a little stir crazy if you retired. You'd be knee-deep in some other project - repairs, Ebay - something - if you didn't go to the arsenal.. at least for the time being. Lord knows they'd be lost without you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, yo ass sho nuff is nappy.

    ReplyDelete