Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Blog. Nuttin about Obama nor my Chilehood



As you should know by now, I am a Ham Radio Operator and have been for the past 49 years. I love the hobby. It has changed a bit since the early days, but I adapt and overcome as the saying goes.
Anyhow, we have "Hamfests". Which is nothing more than a get=together for hams, a flea market and an excuse to get rid of old junque and get NEW junque.
We had the most recent Huntsville, AL. hamfest this past weekend, and I enjoyed it more than any of the 25+ other Huntsville hamfests that I have attended. Had a great time seeing a lot of my SSTV (Slow Scan TV) buddies and had a good time at the flea market.
Our buddy Jim, WB8NNJ from Ohio flew down, usually don't get to see him but at Dayton Hamfest.
One of our SSTV newcomers,Tim, KK5H lives in Huntsville and had us all over Saturday nite for a Bar-be-cue.
Had a wonderful time. Ate much BBQ, drank much beer and told plenty of lies.
Bought the VERY FIRST new HF rig I have ever owned from Gigaparts and I am enjoying playing with it.
I am attaching a couple of pix from the fest.......
By the way, if you had any doubts, the fine looking gentleman on the right , in the bottom picture is yours truly!

1 comment:

  1. Naughty Jim was there, well good for him. We haven't been on the radio since Tommy got back into his music, the band, etc.

    I sort of miss all the great pictures we sent on slow scan.

    He would have been at this ham fest, but the band had a gig that night.

    Glad you got you a new rig, Rusty.

    I think Tommy's new hams from the classes he taught here in Decatur County, had a great time in Dayton this year. It was a very NEW and unique experience for those newbies. They all seem serious about their new hobby.

    N4OYM
    Debbie
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete