Monday, August 3, 2009

Southern Living, Pt 7 9/16. Mamas Will LIE to you!

Another thing, or a couple that I want to put into print. I told this story to my brother today.
When I was a wee lad, I learned a song, "I won't go huntin with you Jake, but I'll go chasin women". Now this is kind of a bawdy type song, but I learned it at the age of 3 or 4. I sang it morning, noon and nite. My Mama soon tired of it and my Daddy said not to worry, that he'd teach me a new song. So he did. He taught me the words to "Did you ever go a'swimmin, wiff a buncha nekkid wemmin, when the water was way down low?" If you might want all the words to this, juss lemmee know! Anyhow, my Mama wasn't too pleased wiff my Daddy, but I was. I now knew 2 songs!
Anyhow, at 5 years old, I needed my tonsils took out. We went to the horsepistol and my dear, sweet, sainted Mama told me that I was fixing to go smell "Some Mickey Mouse Perfume!"
SHE LIED!!!
I can't say any more! She LIED! They clamped that mask ober my face and turned on the ether and it wasn't anything like Mickey Mouse would've had anythin to do with!
Anyhow, i regained consciousness, got my bowl of ice cream, and went home the same day!
I got her back tho'. When she wasn't lookin that same day, I slipped into the kitchen and made me a bolony sammich. Sho was good too. Kids juss aint as tuff today!
I KNOW my children could have NEVER survived the childhood that I did.
BULL! You can survive whatever you need to. PERIOD! The American people are SURVIVORS!

3 comments:

  1. Parents lie to little kids all the time, we have no choice, ha.

    Kids get some little song or saying in their minds, then they find out it irritates their parents, and that makes them want to keep saying it over and over.

    Happy Birthday Rusty.


    Deborah F. Hamilton
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way! Just in case anybody is wondering why in the heck I am rambling on about my childhood, my FIRST homemade grandchild is in the warming oven. Samantha is due to deliver him in December. I WANT and sincerely hope that she will save all these blogs for him, yes, HE'S A BOY, to read whenever he gets old enough to understand what his grandaddy was all about! Cause I already love him, and want him to grow up to be an independant, free willed, free thinking AMERICAN! You hear me boy?
    I have had a WONDERFUL life, full of love and adventure and whatever. I really hope that the world permits him to experience at least SOME of what his grandaddy did!

    ReplyDelete